BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Gibran on Freedom




The Prophet is such a beautiful book. This passage touched my heart today

"Verily all things move within your being in constant half embrace, the desired and the dreaded, the repugnant and the cherished, the pursued and that which you would escape.
      These things move within you as lights and shadows in pairs that cling.
      And when the shadow fades and is no more, the light that lingers becomes a shadow to another light.
      And thus your freedom when it loses its fetters becomes itself the fetter of a greater freedom." -Kahlil Gibran

 -------------------------------------------------------------

Freedom. What is it that I know about freedom other than first or second hand accounts in history books, or the raging protest of my neighbor? What does my soul speak of freedom? Bridled with the cares of this life, I too, search for a pure interpretation of liberty that dispels self made chains. I hunger to breathe without the silent ache in my spirit and behold a weightless joy as I sing its praises on my lips. May the day soon come when I can embrace its hold. 

--ensilence




0 comments: