BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 21, 2013

Family Ties



young teenage Brit


 From left to right: My mama (Killin that afro puff! YES! lol), baby sister (middle) and my cousin.

Far left is the oldest baby sister and my little brother to the right.
All of us on a Christmas day. I was about 12. 


I been wanting to write this post for a while but kept over thinking it, trying to come up with the right words instead of just the writing words. I will let it flow freely.

They are my foundation and inspiration God has provided me with and I honestly can't imagine what my life would be like without them. Like many families, we have our dysfunction but its never been anything major, more like "who left their stankin' drawers on the floor?!!" or "Yo, who ate my last piece of cake?!" type of stuff. Lol.  I just had a discussion recently with my sister and I remember candidly stating how blessed we are to have unconditional LOVE for each other. No matter how pissed, how twisted attitudes get, at the end of the day, before we close our eyes to rest, we all tell each other "I love you." That has been embedded and it is pure and true. I remember my mom repeating this scripture to us, Ephesians 4:26 -Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

That verse always stuck with me. How awful is it to wake up a vexed spirit? Or carrying a grudge on your heart against your fellow man from a silly disagreement? Some people go on like this for YEARS and it is such a sad sight to behold. It is vital to understand that life is too precious to allow petty things to create a barrier between us. We know that the only separation that could ever be between us would be the distance from which we decide to live, our love can't be divided. I thank the Most High everyday for our closeness. As I became older I realized how precious this bond is and I thank my mother for being, as a friend stated, the matriarchal anchor. Even when holding it down by herself she remained strong, even when she thought she wasn't, we seen the God in her. I love her dearly. I would go to war for her, I would die for this woman. Oh yeah, the crazy goofy personality I have...I get it from her. lol

Honestly, love is all I know and what has kept me from losing my sanity. I count my blessings for there are those who do not know of such a bond. We come from a humble and modest living, the thing is we didn't notice we did because our focus wasn't on the materialistic drive that some chase but it was about sticking together and growing to support and build each other up.  Our focus will always be that. I love watching my younger siblings grow...even though it makes me sad how fast time is flying. At times I want to protect them from the craziness of this world but have to understand they have their own journeys and paths. They have to discover who they are...but I'll still molly-wop someone for looking at them wrong, don't get it twisted lol.

Overall I am truly thankful. Despite the madness I may face in my own life, I can call up, talk, hug, cry, vent to my family. We share that. I pray it may be the same for my little ones day.

Much Love

-ensilence

0 comments: