BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Growth...3 Years in the Making!


It's a new year, but I count every single day that I can open my eyes, inhale, exhale, as a blessing. God willing, I look forward to many, many more.

Speaking of new growth, I am celebrating my 3 year anniversary of going back to natural (my hair). To say nonetheless, it has been an interesting ride. It has taught me that beauty comes in all packages and that ALL textures are beautiful. One should never be ashamed of one's true roots but due to social conditioning, this has been the case. Mental slavery has sunk its fangs deep into the entrails of society using bondage as an agent to shape, mold, and break individuals. It's success has be proven over and over again which is why knowledge is the undo-er of this process as long as it's applied properly.For me, this was the case as it is for countless others.

I had an understanding to a degree but the poisoning of my thoughts and why I didn't have "manageable" hair was overpowering. It took some research and self searching to abolish the self loathing sentiments. I can truly say it brought a sense of pride and comfort about who I am. It exposed me to the history of my ancestors in a different light. This is why I can't stress enough about learning one's history and just history in general. There is so much beauty in different cultures...so much to learn.

 I love every strand, every kink, and every coil of my hair. And it's dope how many styles can be rocked. Kinky or "nappy", you can call it what you want, all I know is that it's sexy and beautiful.

On my Jimi Hendrix "Swag" lol. All natural baby :)










0 comments: