BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Interview :)

I would like to gives a big thanks again to TLG magazine and John Opfer for the interview. It is very much appreciated!

You can read the interview here:

http://tlgmagazine.com/ensilence-interview/
------------------------------------------------------------



Text: John Opfer
 
Ensilence began writing lyrics at the tender age of 14 and became more and more interested in taking it all the more seriously when she realized the power of what she could procure, be it crowd response and participation or personal statement. It was no longer about rhymes but more about message and purpose. “I didn’t get serious with my music until I was about 19 but even before then I knew that this was something I wanted to do. In fact, it was something I had to do.”
She had a modest upbringing but “was blessed to live in a home where love covered any shortcomings.” There wasn’t much of a hip hop scene in her home town though she claims that this is something which has been steadily changing over the last few years. “The hip hop scene in New Castle is growing which is a beautiful sight to see,” she enthuses “Hip Hop has influenced so many people’s lives that it’s only right that you see some type of representation spring-up. I’m glad to be a part of it.”
Her musical influence rooted from many a legendary figurehead of the culture: Nas, Wu- Tang, The Roots and Rakim (Nas undoubtedly her favourite). It was the consistency in the music and the sharpness of each individual’s craft which inspired Ensilence to begin writing herself. “Those brothers were the foundation to me. They set the groundwork that I built upon and I salute them. I am very humbled to be able to carry in tradition. Music has no limitations; its influence is boundless, that is why I love it. It’s a universal language! If my music can grab the ears and heart of one person then I’ve done my job.”

Just after releasing her 4th full-length album in June entitled Exile, which she describes as being a ‘personal’, ‘raw’ and ‘straight to the point’ release which encompasses everything that she is, she explains “I wanted the sound to take me back to the essence of why I fell in love with Hip Hop. I have more passion now than I ever did, as I am growing as an artist and I believe the more one grows, the more one knows his or herself. The expression becomes more potent when you have an understanding of what you can do with it. My love goes deeper than just making music. It’s about not being afraid to share a piece of my mind with the rest of the world.”
Every lesson or experience she’s endured is what shapes her reality and ultimately her music. Life keeps her inspired. She doesn’t believe that hip hop will ever die because there will always be at least one artist that represents the true essence of how it all started. “There is so much talent out there,” she says. “You have to look for it but believe me, it’s there. And I would personally like to thank all of those who have supported me from day one. And a big shout out to my fans, the producers and artists I have been blessed to work with.’’
You can download Ensilence’s album, Exile from Bandcamp.


0 comments: