BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dusted and Busted


So I decided to dust off my trumpet, even after I complained in a recent conversation about how I can't handle my lip muscles feeling like they're going to pop like a balloon...OR how the middle of  my lip will get callous and that isn't sexy especially if that is one of the most luscious parts of my body ( I know that is such a ridiculous excuse). Reality is this, I am intimidated mixed with a little sprinkle of laziness. Taking on such a task requires that I learn how to read music, practice consistently, and much needed patience. That last one, "patience", is a killer but I'll get over it. I don't know what triggered this desire. Could it be the beautiful shiny layer of it's outer frame? No. Maybe it's the glorious piercing sound that makes my hair stand on the back of my neck when I hear Miles play it? Yeah, that might be it. I was always intrigued by horns. I did play the trombone temporarily in elementary school, when I say temporarily I mean less than a month lol. My mother was pissed and I don't blame her. I quit because one of my close friends that attended band practice with me quit his instrument. I didn't want to attend the class alone so of course I lied, as my excuse was I didn't enjoy it anymore; well my mom said NEVER again lol.

Back to where I started, I decided  that I'm going to blow a few sounds out, you know get my lungs flowing right because sometimes they whistle. Anways let's just say it was a tragic sight to behold. Yo, for real I swear I seen flashes of white light in my eyes as the were vibrating horrendously. It was probably my blood pressure going up. My lungs aren't fit yet lol. Not at ALL. It will come in due time but my heart was like, "Put it down Brit...before you cause further damage to your health." I want to learn!

I'm working on it!




"My Lips Still Sexy Right?" LOL







0 comments: