BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let My Tape Rock til My Tape Popped!


Nostalgia.

There was a time where one couldn't afford to cop the new albums, it was easier to cop a Maxwell/Memorex recordable tape and dub it! All the dope jams that would spin on the Friday night mix would go on that joint! When it ran out of room flip it over and wash, rinse, and repeat! I had to make sure it was ready the night before, so I could bump it on my way to school, rocking a wannabe Starter jacket and fresh pair LA Gear sneakers, you know the ones that light up at the bottom, chea I couldn't afford those British Knights or Rebook Pumps. These worked just as fine, as long as they were clean I was good....but I can't front I would trip anytime Fila would drop something new. That was the atmosphere then, everyone on the block wanted to one up each other when it came to looking fresh, that was and still is the culture. Anyways, I was more concerned with what time we were going to play tackle football, now THAT was my thing. I was a hardcore tomboy and I always tell my mother God is going to make me pay for what I put her through when I was younger by giving me daughter that will be the same way lol. It's all good though but man do I miss those days.












0 comments: